Liquid Sunshine Preserved Lemon Yogurt Dip for Grilled Veggies
This recipe for zesty preserved lemon yogurt dip is a perfect partner to the smoky notes of grilled vegetables (baby artichokes, zucchini, carrots, eggplant or peppers would all work here). Top with fresh herbs like oregano or mint and dots of chili oil or aleppo. The whole thing comes together in just a few minutes -- perfect for easy autumn days when produce is at its finest.
Liquid Sunshine Preserved Lemon Yogurt Dip
1 c. plain Greek yogurt
2 tbs. Creme fraiche
2 tbs. Liquid Sunshine
Zest of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
A few good twists of black pepper
Aleppo chili flakes or chili oil
Mix together yogurt and creme fraiche. Add in Liquid Sunshine preserved lemon crush and stir to combine, then lemon juice and zest, and ground pepper to taste. Top with herbs, chili flakes or chili oil if it’s on hand.
Grilled Baby Artichokes
10 baby artichokes
- Pre-heat the grill on medium-high. Set a pan of water large enough to hold the artichokes to boil.
- Prep your artichokes by removing the outer dark green leaves and snipping off the tops. Only the pale green soft leaves should be visible. Rub the entire outside of the artichoke with half a lemon.
- Once the water is boiling, gently place the artichokes and the second half of the lemon in the water and par-cook them for 5 minutes. This will help the veggies stay soft and tender on the grill.
- Remove the artichokes from the water and place on the grill. Grill each side for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and serve alongside a big dollop of Liquid Sunshine Preserved Lemon Dip.